Show me your blackwater/botanical aquariums!

Shadow_Arbor

This is my first attempt, 75 gallon. I'm still letting the tank establish so no fish yet, just some crypts, Java fern, and snails. I plan on stocking it with larger bodied tetras and maybe a few angelfish. 

20200628_202924.jpg

20200718_090522.jpg

Edited by MickS77
Added tank size
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 3:34 AM, MickS77 said:

This is my first attempt, 75 gallon. I'm still letting the tank establish so no fish yet, just some crypts, Java fern, and snails. I plan on stocking it with larger bodied tetras and maybe a few angelfish. 

You're making me want to try one out...soon, I think....

1 hour ago, Faedother said:

I love Black Water tanks. Especially when you get to see the light rays shinning through the water.

Thats something I'm looking to recreate, I have my filter spray bar point towards the surface to create ripples. I may add some pendent lights to point down and make a shimmering effect. 

On 7/22/2020 at 5:34 AM, MickS77 said:

20200628_202924.jpg

20200718_090522.jpg

I keep thinking I wouldn't like it, but then I see tanks like these...

8 hours ago, StephenP2003 said:

I keep thinking I wouldn't like it, but then I see tanks like these...

For me, I wanted something different, something I hadn't tried before and something with less maintenance than my big planted tank. 

34 minutes ago, MickS77 said:

For me, I wanted something different, something I hadn't tried before and something with less maintenance than my big planted tank. 

You won't find something that requires much less maintenance than sticks, leaves and course sand.