Baby spixi snails!

smm333

I was thinking my snail eggs were duds, but they are finally hatching! Took about 2 weeks longer than it said it would online! I'm glad finally appeared! There are 2 more egg masses I collected, so hopefully I will end up with a good amount! I can help out a lot of shrimp keepers near me! 🥰🦐

20230507_133709.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 1:50 PM, Lennie said:

Aw

I hope you have a good survival rate! I heard they kinda have a low one 

Hoping for the best! I have them in a little travel tank on their own with a little heater to keep them warm. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 2:50 PM, Lennie said:

Spixis are adorable.

The only place I can find them keep the aquarium section in horrible conditions so I don't wanna spend any money and support them. 

Otherwise I would get one for myself 

That's too bad. I had a real hard time finding them . After following a couple shrimp keeping groups, I realized they are difficult for so many people to get ahold of. They cleared my tank of hydra which is what I was looking for, but I fell in love with them. They are so pretty, and are a great size for smaller tanks. Mystery snails are one of my favorites,  but they grow pretty big! I really hope to keep them breeding so I can help out some fellow shrimp keepers! So far I've counted 8 tiny babies. I moved them to a little tank with stem plant cuttings which they eat. Hopefully they will grow and I can move them among all my tanks!

20230509_213956.jpg

• Love 2

On 5/16/2023 at 3:58 PM, smm333 said:

That's too bad. I had a real hard time finding them . After following a couple shrimp keeping groups, I realized they are difficult for so many people to get ahold of. They cleared my tank of hydra which is what I was looking for, but I fell in love with them. They are so pretty, and are a great size for smaller tanks. Mystery snails are one of my favorites,  but they grow pretty big! I really hope to keep them breeding so I can help out some fellow shrimp keepers! So far I've counted 8 tiny babies. I moved them to a little tank with stem plant cuttings which they eat. Hopefully they will grow and I can move them among all my tanks!

20230509_213956.jpg

Aw they are getting this shell pattern already 😄