Co2 Drop Checker

Shrimpee

On 5/5/2023 at 3:48 PM, Shrimpee said:

Ive been looking for a Co2 drop checker but I don't know which one to get. Do any of you guys have any recommendations?

Seachem one is pretty marvelous.  CO2 art has a nice big bottle of the solution checker if they ever have it in stock.

On 5/5/2023 at 4:36 PM, Pepere said:

placing a white piece of plastic behind the drop checker aids in discerning the color easily.

I need to get one of these....

basically it is a blown glass ball and funnel and they all use the same solution..  i dont think there is much difference from one to the other..

I agree.  The only qualm I have with some of the "off brand ones" is that the directions are ridiculously bad. something akin to "add 5 drops" and its impossible to read while others recommend 30-50 drops of solution.  I honestly don't think much of that really matters, but the goal being get something that makes sense and do some research on how to use them.  (Jurijs has some videos on this as well as green aqua and george farmer and quite a few places)

Yes.... it's "just a drop checker" but placement and how easy the information from it is for you to get really does help out.

I know Cory doesnt think much of them, and I dont use them for adjusting the bubble counter rate, but rather I use the ph drop and kh level charts to determine co2 levels.

Based on recent information I received on this topic I actually prefer the drop checkers by a mile to monitor CO2.