Possibly a dumb question

So I have the api test kit and several glass tubes, I've just been rinsing them really well with hot water but now I'm wondering am I supposed to be cleaning them with soap? Because I've had a couple get not sticky exactly but not feel clean either. Sorry if this is just like common sense and kinda dumb to be asking 

I rinse mine with tap water but also rinse again with tank water before I use it.

Otherwise, there have been times I've experienced it resulted on wrong reading of ph. I was shocked with the result bcoz I did use RO, then I took the tube, washed it with tank water and it directly read normal again. Previously I have seen the ph of my tap water. Idk how.

So yea, I always clean it with tap water but again wash it with the tank water of the tank I'm testing right before.

Mine never got sticky, but maybe try something like hydrogen peroxide? maybe it helps. Def not soap

Or potentially vinegar maybe

• Like 1

I wouldn't use soap regularly.  Something like vinegar cleaner might work or just a soak in something like that if you have residue.  If you do have residue, then definitely take the time to clean them accordingly.  If you let the chemicals sit you may have residue like that.  It is important to have them cleaned / dried appropriately.  Say every 1-3 months i would get a pipe cleaner and do a nice soak / clean / sanitize on them.  This all varies based on use.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1