Glowlight Danios not responding to IchX treatment

Trista

Hi, I recently received these glowlight danios from a highly recommended online retailer. I noticed once they colored up, the little white spots on them and reached out to the retailer making them aware. Thinking this is Ich, they recommended treating with IchX. I've been treating with IchX at the recommended dosage for a week now and have noticed no changes in the spots. They are not spreading. Still same two fish with the same couple of spots. I read a bunch of sites that recommended increasing temp to above 80 to speed up life cycle, right now sitting at about 83 degrees. It's been several days since increasing temperature and still no change. I'm wondering if I need to keep trucking along with this treatment or try something different? I've never had sick fish before (been in hobby since 12/21). This is my first experience with Ich, if this is even what it is. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Water parameters: pH 6.4, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5-10. Sorry for blurry photos, these fish are so fast, it's hard to get a decent pic.

IMG_5598.jpeg

IMG_5594.jpeg

IMG_5593.jpeg

• Like 1

the spots look raised you could be dealing with epistylis it feeds off of gram negative bacteria on the slime coat of your fish and spreads more quickly at higher temperatures its the secondary bacterial infections it causes that usually kill your fish he's how you tell the difference between ich and epistylis if it's epistylis you want dose the tank with malachite green that the active ingredient in ick X and do a course of maracyn2 in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days @Trista

IMG_20230125_225944.jpg

IMG_20230115_234745.jpg

@Colu I think 8 days was the trick, the spots are visibly smaller today than they have been previously. They're now barely visible. I'm still going to treat with the recipe above just in case. My Seachem Focus and Garlic Guard just came in today, I've mixed it up and they are happily pecking away at it. Thank you!

On 5/6/2023 at 9:58 PM, Trista said:

@Colu I think 8 days was the trick, the spots are visibly smaller today than they have been previously. They're now barely visible. I'm still going to treat with the recipe above just in case. My Seachem Focus and Garlic Guard just came in today, I've mixed it up and they are happily pecking away at it. Thank you!

If the spots are reducing in size I would holed off on the medicated food