550 gallon aquariums

anewbie

I recently bought a 400 gallon acrylic tank with 1"-thick acrylic and I hired a moving company to get it out of the guy's basement for me.  I'll be moving a 240 glass tank in a few weeks and I'm not looking forward to that.  I can't really imagine moving a 550 glass tank.  I'm in pain just thinking about that.

On 5/4/2023 at 1:40 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

What are the dimensions!  I could only imagine a 10+ foot aquarium and how epic that would be to aquascape. 

@EastTN37922 Welcome to the forums!

You nailed it. 10 feet long; 4 feet wide; 23 inches high - and it will be a pia to aquascape due to my lovely short arms. My hope is to make the scape similar to this:

festy.jpg.e31c1a0963234a6b89d661891246adab.jpg

I will use a nicer substrate as i'm not a fan of coarse eco-complete and quite frankly it is not the best substrate for my stocking - though it does age well i will admit that much (this substrate has been in used for 5 years). The festy will move into the 450 as they are a bit harsh on the angels - though things might work better with the improved foot-print. The loaches will go into the 550 with the angels. 

-

Gonna be a lot of work to set them up... and a lot of substrate - though thankfully i can move the substrate stone by stone if i have to as oppose to all at once.

• Love 1