What kind of endlers are these?

Oliv

Hi everyone! My last has these two "endlers" I'm assuming these have been hybridized. Would someone know what this specific colour is called? They're a bright salmon pink with blue hues. Also I'm assuming they are both boys based on the colour 

20230426_190130.jpg

20230426_191604.jpg

20230426_191622.jpg

20230426_190248.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everyone! My last has these two "endlers" I'm assuming these have been hybridized. Would someone know what this specific colour is called? They're a bright salmon pink with blue hues. Also I'm assuming they are both boys based on the colour 

20230426_190248.jpg

20230426_191604.jpg

20230426_191622.jpg

20230426_190130.jpg

Edited by Oliv

I agree with you; they do look like guppy-endler hybrids. I couldn't begin to say what kind of Endler went into the cross--I have had three varieties of Endlers and a few strains of guppies and when they mix the offspring aren't always clearly from one kind of Endler male or the other. Sometimes they are, but often they are not.

I've had 3 or 4 magenta pink hybrids, their colors were really lovely especially when they spent the summer outside in the pond, but even indoors they were pretty fish. Unfortunately, pink is one of the least stable colors in guppies and I didn't have any more after that.

They are sporty looking little guys, I hope you enjoy them!

Thanks for the reply! not new to fish keeping but very new to endlers/ guppies. I know you said pink isn't very stable but if wanted to try to continue it would I simply need to find other pink ish fish to go with these guys? 

On 4/28/2023 at 10:50 PM, Oliv said:

Thanks for the reply! not new to fish keeping but very new to endlers/ guppies. I know you said pink isn't very stable but if wanted to try to continue it would I simply need to find other pink ish fish to go with these guys? 

You would be better off breeding it out for a bunch of generations first.
If you want to keep the pink/metallic look, you maintain it by culling fish that veer-off. Try to keep your breeding population sticking to that same look.

Introducing other 'pinkish' fish is not recommended.
Even if they look similar, they will have a different set of genes. Guppy/endler genes are very complicated.
Any time you introduce new fish to a line, you are essentially scrambling the genes, more likely resulting in a random mess.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:50 PM, Oliv said:

Unfortunately, I don’t think so. That’s what I mean when I say pink is unstable genetically— it’s like it takes a blend of color genes from parent fish who are not pink, and if you got two pink ones and they breed, the babies will not have that same blend. There are very dedicated breeders working with millions of fish in Asia and in Europe; yet pink remains a rare color.