Nano sponge filter in an easy planter

Matt B

On 4/25/2023 at 9:32 PM, Matt B said:

Yes, that's right! I stuffed a nano filter in an easy planter:classic_laugh: :classic_tongue:

So, with a guppy explosion,  I figured a little more filtration would be good. The existing air stone was in an empty easy planter, sooo in it went. :classic_biggrin: I had to remove the weighted bottom, but it fit right in. Now to see what happens! :classic_rolleyes:

20230424_131539.jpg

I have some extra planters laying around. I might have to try this sometime!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went ahead and removed the sponge filter from the easy planter, cleaned it and it's back to being a normal filter. :classic_laugh:  And the easy planter is now a planter... :classic_rolleyes:.  Amazon fern. 

I noticed it functioned as an under gravel filter of sorts, pulling water and debris through the gravel, under the easy planter.  There was quite a mess under the planter and in the sponge.. :classic_tongue:.    

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 9:32 PM, Matt B said:

Yes, that's right! I stuffed a nano filter in an easy planter:classic_laugh: :classic_tongue:

So, with a guppy explosion,  I figured a little more filtration would be good. The existing air stone was in an empty easy planter, sooo in it went. :classic_biggrin: I had to remove the weighted bottom, but it fit right in. Now to see what happens! :classic_rolleyes:

20230424_131539.jpg

That is an amazing swarm of guppies!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...