Nerite Snails

Mike Chesmer

Spoke to my friend last night and she said her nerite was attached to cuttlebone also (but he won’t eat commercial foods either). Just algae, biofilm, and cuttlebone.

I have however, seen my nerites eat zucchini (they seem to only eat the rind) and sweet potato (not every time, but when they feel like it). Although those aren't calcium-rich foods. I’m just throwing it out there because I think it’s interesting.

Reading the fine print on the Kat's Aquatics bottles....

1. 3-1 limited edition appears to be a mix of all 4 of her varieties. So if you were unsure, maybe this is the one to go with.

2. Calcium + protein seems maybe geared more towards shrimp or crayfish. (Although it also lists turtles in the description).

3. I'm torn between Calcium + Immunity (because my horned nerite is losing his yellow), or Calcium + Nutrition (because I'm reasonably certain said horned nerite will eat anything with spinach or beets in it).

I dunno, lots of good answers in this thread. Has me feeling all sorts of guilty because I don't really feed anything that the nerite or bladder snails would specifically like. He has been fading to a mostly brownish mix from his original blacks and yellows.

• 4 weeks later...