Goldfish Issues

bruiser821

Hi all -

I'm having problems with my goldfish tank. Any help or pointers are appreciated!! 

• Size: 55 gallon long
  • Filters: Marineland Penguin Biowheel 330 & 350 + a large sponge filter
  • pH: 7.4 
  • Nitrates: 20 ppm
  • Hardness: 5 dgh
  • Nitrite: 0 ppm
  • Ammonia: 0 ppm
  • KH/Buffer: 3 dgh
  • Water Temperature: 70 (room temp, no heater)

I've had a 29 gallon setup for my two goldfish (a celestial eyed & telescope black moor) since October. I treated with General Cure for fish lice/ any parasites back when I got them. They've been doing great since! 

I moved them to a new 55 gallon tank with both their filters and media (and added another filter) on April 9th. Both were doing great in the new tank and loved the extra room to explore.

Around the same time (April 6), I got a new celestial eye from the same online store as the two others. I put him in a quarantine/hospital tank for observation. He was more active than the other two even right after shipping! I kept him in the hospital tank (no treatment) until April 16. He acclimated to the bigger tank and was fine for 3 days. I got home from work and found him dead, against the filter, and his tail destroyed with what looked like tail rot (frayed edges and peeling slime coat). 

The other two fish looked okay, were active and eating normal another 3 days until Friday (4/21). I found the black moor dead after work. He was covered in white spots and almost all orange. 

I changed about 60% of the tank water for the one celestial eyed left Friday afternoon. I added 1 tbsp of aquarium salt for every 3 gallons and left him overnight. Yesterday morning - he was mostly stuck at the top of the tank and was covered in white spots (ich? Epistylis??). I added ICH X, did not change the temp in case of epistylis, and fed him Kanaplex/Metroplex dosed food in two small batches.

Is there anything else I should be doing or missed? I just completed a 25% water change for day 2 of ichx. 

These pictures are from today. He's swimming better and more energetic than yesterday! 

20230423_114429.jpg

20230423_114420.jpg

Looks like epistylis it feeds off gram negative bacterial on the slim coat of your fish and spreads more quickly at higher temperatures you want  to treat with maracyn2 in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 7 days and ick X to treat the tanks @bruiser821kanaplex isn't very well absorbed by the intestinal tract so it's not very effective in food

IMG_20230115_234745.jpg

Edited by Colu