mystery snail clutch hatched early. What should I feed them?

KittenFishMom

I was planning to give some mystery snail egg clutches to someone. One clutched hatch tonight before I could give them to her.  I floated the clutch on a bit of bubble wrap in a HOB-breeder box. When most were in the water, I crumbled the clutch into the water and added java moss. I'm not sure what to feed them until she can get them to her tank. I put a piece of coarse filter sponge in the outlet of the box, but they may get through that, they are so tiny. She is in bed by now. I'm open to suggestions. I will probably have them until Thursday (3 days). I would never find them if they get into the tank with everything else.

@Guppysnail and @Chick-In-Of-TheSea and @nabokovfan87 Any ideas on what would be good to feed or keep them from getting into the tank?

Edited by KittenFishMom

@Guppysnail and @Chick-In-Of-TheSea I could not figure out a good way to transport the hatchlings in the breeder box. My eyesight isn't great, and I am afraid to try vacuuming with a turkey baster. I think their best chance to survive is if I put them in a tank and see if any are big enough to see in 2 months. I have 2 tanks that don't have leeches. One is 15 gallon mostly bare bottom with green waters from the sun light coming in the west sliding door. When the tree leafs out, it would get as much light.  The other tank is 15 with sand substrate and more stem plants. and clear water. Both tanks have IALs and java moss and growing cory fry. The bare bottom one has a lot of water lettuce in it and an adult male betta..

Which one would you use for the hatchling snails?

• Like 1

@Guppysnail Obviously you have been awake longer than I have. Your answer is so logical! Thank you, and the hatchlings thank you too !

(I love you thumbnail  new photo. Sometimes I see a lizard looking up to the right, other times a see a very human face. The point of the lizards chin being the other human eye brow and the lizard's lip being the human's nose and the corner of the lizards mouth being the human's mouth. I don't like my cataracts, but I often see things in unusual was.)

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea That betta have been extra mellow about everything that has ever had in its tank, except the hillstream loaches.  He ignored them for about 45 minutes, that decided he hated them even though the were a third of his side. He followed them and would flare so hard he could hardly swim. it was easy to net him and move him to another tank, because he was so obsessed and there were 3 hillstream loaches swimming in different direction. He never even reacted to a mirror that way.  He was in a 55 tank when I added the loaches. He is now in a 15 tank. He gets lots of exercise patrolling any tank he is in. He covers the tank top to bottom and end to end. He gets betta food and eats whatever he wants from my feeding the other fish. He seems to nudge the corys away from the food, but never flares at them. I was so surprised at the way he reacted to the hillstream loaches. I think if there was only 1 instead of 3 he would have attacked it. but with the 3 he seemed to get confused. 

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea Also all the tanks have booming populations of ramshorn and other snails. If the betta is eating baby snails, There is a huge selection to choose from. I thin the snails out often.

• Like 1