Sick Betta

Jessex

My poor boy isn't feeling good. Beginning stage on pinecone and a slightly bloated. Just came on this morning. Saw him poop yesterday and plenty active and normal even ate. I feed bug bites, and frozen blood worms about once a week. Params are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5-10 nitrate so all good. I do have soft water in that tank. 10 gal with 1 nerite and live plants, last water change was last weekend about 25% with light gravel vac. No sponge filter cleaning. 1 IAL which he has been under all day so far. Is this dropsy? Is there any hope or is it certain death for him? Water temp 79-80. He is a king so he has spade like tail no other signs of illness. Just slight bloat, beginning to pinecone and a little pale on the underside. I didnt feed him this morning at all. Can't get a good pic of him because he is under his IAL in tge bottom corner of his tank, but any suggestions would be helpful!

I personally would try salt (possibly epsom/marine if aquarium salt doesn't work), see if you cant get him to work through what ever is blocking him up. Co Op has a great video on the steps that can be taken. You'll have to remove plants if you don't want them to suffer through it. (beware that this might increase nitrates if too many plants are removed)

I would start with 1tsp and go up after 2weeks if no improvements have been made.