My oldest female panda cory

Cinnebuns

I just noticed some odd things on my oldest panda cory. I got her about a year and a half ago and she was already sexually mature so she is at least 2.5 years old. I did recently add a yoyo loach which I became concerned about aggression. I'm taking him out and rehoming him tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure if this is caused by the yoyo however. Her body has some lighter patches and her fins might have fin rot. I haven't noticed anything with the others however I have noticed the entire colony is not spawning as often as usual. 

@Colu

20230413_211541.jpg

20230413_211629.jpg

20230413_211619.jpg

20230413_211614.jpg

• Sad 1

On 4/14/2023 at 3:24 AM, Cinnebuns said:

I just noticed some odd things on my oldest panda cory. I got her about a year and a half ago and she was already sexually mature so she is at least 2.5 years old. I did recently add a yoyo loach which I became concerned about aggression. I'm taking him out and rehoming him tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure if this is caused by the yoyo however. Her body has some lighter patches and her fins might have fin rot. I haven't noticed anything with the others however I have noticed the entire colony is not spawning as often as usual. 

@Colu

20230413_211541.jpg

20230413_211629.jpg

20230413_211619.jpg

20230413_211614.jpg

Was this one Cory in one of your tanks you treated for columnaris if not it's more than likely just rub it's side on something in the tank and I would just monitor for the next week 

On 4/14/2023 at 5:20 AM, Colu said:

Was this one Cory in one of your tanks you treated for columnaris if not it's more than likely just rub it's side on something in the tank and I would just monitor for the next week 

No it wasn't. On the post I made on Facebook about this people seemed to think she looks normal so idk. The pectoral fins are kinda what worried me the most. They look to be frayed. I was trying to find an older pic of her to see if I'm just remembering wrong and maybe that's normal for her. 

This is the best I found. She's the one jn the front. It's hard to see her fins exactly. I may be over reacting idk. 

I will say this tank was treated with no planaria and fenbendazole about 1.5 to 2 months ago to kill snails. Idk if that would be an effect. 

On 4/15/2023 at 5:15 AM, Cinnebuns said:

No it wasn't. On the post I made on Facebook about this people seemed to think she looks normal so idk. The pectoral fins are kinda what worried me the most. They look to be frayed. I was trying to find an older pic of her to see if I'm just remembering wrong and maybe that's normal for her. 

It's not uncommon for long finned varietys to get damage fins I think they look ok I would just monitor if the fins start to recede or develope any redden area's then I would treat 

• Thanks 1