Hello from California

Hi,

I found your forum when looking for tips on a HOB filter. I met such nice people with my first post that I thought I might stick around.

I live in Northern California and currently have two fish tanks in my bedroom, soon to be three.

Tank number one is my 29 gallon tank, at present the only residents are 5 Panda Cory's and 3 Nerite snails and a bunch of live plants. I am having trouble deciding what to put in there. I tried a large group of Glow Light Danios then they decided to breed and started knocking the crap out of each other and hiding all the time, back to lfs they went. Then I tried a pair of Kribensis and they terrorized my Cory's so I moved them to a 20 Breeder. They took the breeder part literally and now have around 100 babies. Anyone want free Krib babies in a couple months let me know. Free! lol

So the 20 is my 2nd tank and then I need to set up the 10 for the babies to be transferred to.

Hope all are well

GG

Edited by Gamegurl
  • Like 2

Hi! I guess having lots of babies is on the good side of trouble, but if you're like me the goal is beauty and serenity not Friday Night Fights. What? I'm old.😉 I have three 10 gallon and two 20 gallon long tanks set up. My 29 gallon is waiting for my fish club auction. I share @xXInkedPhoenixX desire and would love photos!

• Like 1

As requested so it be, here's a couple pics.

Please keep in mind both tanks are pretty new and in progress. I just re-did all the plants in my 29 so give it a couple weeks to fill in.

In the 20 we have a pair of breeding Kribensis and their spawn. Plants Bucephalandra Green Godzilla, Anubias Nana Petite, Java Fern Windlov, Water Wysteria, and Pogstemon.

In the 29 I have 5 Panda Cory's and Three Nerite Snails. Am looking for ideas for peaceful colorful fish. I am considering a big group of Rummy Nose and maybe a group of the Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish, maybe some powder blue gourami female dwarfs. Anywayssssss, plants are Bucephalandra Rainbow Frost, Bucephalandra Red Scorpio, Anubias Nana Petite, Java Fern Windelov, 3 types of Hygrophila, Pogstemon and Water Wysteria. hehe

Enjoy and thanks for all the welcomes 🙂

20breeder.jpg

29now4_2023.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 3

On 4/8/2023 at 4:25 PM, Gamegurl said:

29now4_2023.jpg

Groot!

I have to re-watch and share this now.  This is the most adorable thing I've seen. 

20breeder.jpg

What are the big blocks in the middle?  I'm thinking some sort of rock, what kind?

In the 29 I have 5 Panda Cory's and Three Nerite Snails. Am looking for ideas for peaceful colorful fish. I am considering a big group of Rummy Nose and maybe a group of the Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish, maybe some powder blue gourami female dwarfs. Anywayssssss, plants are Bucephalandra Rainbow Frost, Bucephalandra Red Scorpio, Anubias Nana Petite, Java Fern Windelov, 3 types of Hygrophila, Pogstemon and Water Wysteria. hehe

White clouds?

• 2 weeks later...

Updated some pics as to what the tanks look like now. The Krib tank is my Buce tank, looking for kind of a prehistoric look, I need some taller rocks to hide the filter.  The 29 is my fantasy tank. Thanks for being so open and cool. I like this forum.

20_428_2023.jpg

29_428_2023.jpg

Edited by Gamegurl
  • Love 1

They are truly unique and hope it works well for you. I would suggest dwarf rainbows, you can spread a mop if your into breeding (Don't know how many tanks you have 😇). When the plants grow in you can propagate them and it will continue too be beautiful. Patience is the key to long term success, and you have it 🙂. Keep us updated and I would need something please feel free. 

• Love 1

I have two tanks now and will be setting up the third tomorrow to move the babies to. I intentionally bred the Kribensis but every fish thats been in my 29 seems to get breedy. My Glow Light Danios actually bred as well and became so vicious that they killed one of their own and I was unable to save the two babies I did see. One was eaten right in front of me as I was trying to catch it. I took them back to the lfs I got them from.

I am off on a search Wednesday to see if I can find something cool for my 29.

Cheers

GG