Algae?

I got some black fuzzy thing growing on my plants, the wood stump, and also on the sponge filter and was wondering what it is? Some kinda algae? and how do I get rid of it? I added some phosphate filter on my HOB and added some algaefix nit not really working. Any help be great. Thanks! 

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

On 4/7/2023 at 10:57 PM, Jimmy Cleveland said:

Black beard algae I had it so bad till I got 2 siamese algae eaters 5 days completely gone. I got some easy carbon at the same time and didn't even open it

SAEs get big tho. They reach 6 inch, so not really suitable for most nano tanks. Also they are known to be territorial as adults. So I would advice adding one more or keeping one. Generally 2 is a risky number for territorial fish I would say. Increases the chance of being bullied a lot.

• Like 1

Yes 20 to 30 is the minimum for the sae it's is a better option then the flag fish sucks vary few fish eat it like them. I do notice my 2 well the 1 chasing the other in my 55 keeping to to the left side when I feed I think is because the algae is gone mine was out of control there around 3 to 4 inches iv only had them about 30 days now. They Don't bother the green neon or white clouds thankfully is it true that they can suck the slime coat of bottom dwellers 

Black Beard Algae is the worst. I got a giant outburst of it and I couldn't remove it. I would suggest trimming the plant leaves edges where it is and to get rid of it from the plant stems I would dose it with liquid carbon directly or I would use 3%  hydrogen peroxide and take the plant or decoration off and spray the entire plant or decor and then wait 5 minutes. After 5 minutes wash the plant off and put it in the aquarium. If the algae is dying then it will turn red or white/clear. Animals might eat it in its dying state.