Fluval trippin into breeder boxes

JcsFish

I ordered up some more Marina large breeder boxes off Amazon for fry.  It arrived this evening, only to discover this.  Did Fluval just buy Marina?  They've always come in Marina boxes the times I've ordered them before.  Now it's got a bit better packaging, the accessories are in a bag, an instruction booklet.  It's late here, but I'll have to compare it with my older ones and see what else may have changed.

fluval breeder box.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 2:24 AM, Cory said:

Marina is a sub brand of Fluval for at least the last 12 years, maybe more. They also own the brand Elite, exoterra, laguna, etc.

Really!? Of all the Marina equipment and such that I've ever had or have now, how did not ever know this!?

Is this something that is just not "advertised" much then?

@Cory, do you know if Fluval owns the Askoll brand from Italy? My Askoll tank was something I found randomly at a local shop and have never seen again outside the internet, but it came with various Fluval components. The name is hard to say out loud without getting misheard, so maybe they exited the English-language markets.

Edited by Streetwise

5 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

The name is hard to say out loud without getting misheard, so maybe they exited the English-language markets.

LOL! If I hadn't used up my reactions for the day, this one would have gotten the haha face.