What is this?

Q50RedSport

I got this tin foil barb from my friend. I've had it for a couple months but now it's developing this. Sorry I don't have clearer pics. The other fish are fine including the other tin foil. I'm treating the pond with PraziPro just in case. I have the sick fish quarantined and I have 0.3% salt and using Kanaplex and Metroplex. I'm very new in the hobby so I'm not sure if I'm treating it correctly.  

20230402161559345.jpg

I got better pictures. The black spots on top were already there. I'm guessing they are nitrate burns? He was keeping two of these 10-12" in a 40g tank and never tested the water ever. Water changes once a month. Oh and this fish was flashing a lot on the bottom of pond and on top of other fish.

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

Edited by Q50RedSport

It could a tumor or benign growth with the redding there could be a secondary bacterial infections I would do a full course of kanaplex and leave the salt for a week if your seeing no progress after  a full course of kanaplex give us an update 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 11:27 PM, Q50RedSport said:

I actually have one Sicce Shark ADV 800 with bubbles and a sponge filter and an airstone.

OK.  I see the ADV, but not the air.  Consider adding more.  Let's see what Colu says for next steps while the fish is given a break and a chance to recover a bit.

If the fish has constantly been in salt, then stop using it, give the fish air, clean water, time to recover.  Please be sure you're testing water parameters.

On 4/21/2023 at 6:54 AM, Q50RedSport said:

I did three doses of Kanaplex and two weeks of Metroplex so far. I think I have two more doses left of Metroplex left in the bottle. Do you think he's getting better? 

IMG_0875.jpg

What I would do is take a step back at this do no treatment for one week kanaplex and metroplex and salt should have dealt with any secondary bacterial infection I would give him a rest from the medication as @nabokovfan87suggest it does look less red other then that it looks the same lead's me to suspect you are dealing with a cancerous growth what I would suggest is getting holed of maracyn2 active ingredient minocycline has anti-inflammatory properties that will help reduce any swelling of the mast do a course of that after one week with no medication if your not seeing any improvement after that you have two options keep good stable water parameters and let him live out what ever time he has left or take him to a vets for a more comprehensive evaluation 

• Like 2

The ammonia burns were already there when I got him from my friend. It's slowly going away. I have lots of bubbles but I turned them off to take the picture and my water quality is great. I'll do as suggested and give an update in 1-2 weeks. Thanks everyone.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...