Plants, easy green, iron & shrimp?

I have a couple of questions. I have a 10 gallon with sand substrate. It has a handful of plants, 8 strawberry rasboras, several baby mystery snails (temporary), pest snails, and soon to arrive 15 wild type neocaradina shrimp.

I love vallisneria, but my tanks  too small. I found vallisneria nana and dwarf sagittaria which seem like great substitutes. Is one easier than the other for a very simple tank? It has a basic fluorescent light fixture. 

Also, both say to add iron and recommend seachem flourish trace elements. I use aquarium co-op easy green. Is that sufficient for iron? My other plants seem to do fine with that. I don't want to add too much stuff and harm the shrimp.

Thanks for any help!

On 4/3/2023 at 7:36 PM, smm333 said:

Also, both say to add iron and recommend seachem flourish trace elements. I use aquarium co-op easy green. Is that sufficient for iron? My other plants seem to do fine with that. I don't want to add too much stuff and harm the shrimp

Yeah, easy green will add enough iron. I wouldn't add any extra iron for val or dwarf sag. Root tabs would help them though.