Let’s talk about shell dwellers (partial/sometimes Shellys too)!

I will start. I really like n.similis and also feel they are underrated. They are every bit as good as multis and look better too. I also love blue occies, my experience is that their  aggression to conspecifics is overplayed as long as each male has a solid 6” of territory to defend.

The shell dweller I would like the get next is lamprologus ornatappis. Like puncs they don’t really live in the shells, but they do breed them, so I would could them. They are interesting and pretty and we don’t see nearly enough of them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 7:27 PM, Phoenixfishroom said:

I will start. I really like n.similis and also feel they are underrated. They are every bit as good as multis and look better too. I also love blue occies, my experience is that their  aggression to conspecifics is overplayed as long as each male has a solid 6” of territory to defend.

The shell dweller I would like the get next is lamprologus ornatappis. Like puncs they don’t really live in the shells, but they do breed them, so I would could them. They are interesting and pretty and we don’t see nearly enough of them.

Hi @Phoenixfishroom this thread seems fairly new - Maybe this thread would be a good place to get your opinion? If not, I apologize and I can make a new thread.

I am currently cycling / seasoning a brand new 20 g long for multis RIGHT NOW! 

I'd had my heart set on Multis, but you say you like similis better. Having never kept either, I'm curious as to why you like similis better? 

This tank is at my desk at work, so I'll post a pic later today.