Yeah ! Male Guppy

Jackson

Had bad luck with my guppies . Bought a pair of red gold double swords , and the male got sucked up in my filter two days after I got him . Then my female gave birth , and she ate  or the other fish did them all but two . Then last week either a water change or my filter sucked up the female and one of the babies . So today the lone survivor started turning color and it's a male . Yahoo .  Have to watch those guppies as they like to swim near your hand when you stick it into the tank . They follow it , hence working on connecting the filter with the pre filter off is hazardous to guppies .. 

On 4/2/2023 at 5:00 PM, Levi_Aquatics said:

Do you have a prefilter sponge on the intake of your HOB? If not, it would probably help to add one so your fish don’t get sucked up any more. Sorry if I’m misunderstanding your question. 

Yes, after the male got sucked into the filter I bought some prefilters . The hob stopped working and I was trying to get it back running . So the prefilter fell off and I believe the female and fry got sucked up . Did a water change and looked to see if I scooped up any fish . Don't think I missed seeing them . Either that or the filter .

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 7:20 PM, Ninjoma said:

Since you also have a sponge filter, you could just discontinue using the HOB since it has been causing you so many issues. 

I just need to remember to make sure the prefilter is on when the hob is under maintenance .

• Like 1