HOB overkill? aquaclear 30 & biowheel 150 on a 29 gallon

zeke_the_plecco

a little over a month ago i found myself with unexpected swordtail fry, with no extra tank, money, and especially no time i wished the youngins luck and went about my painfully busy life. to my pleasant surprise most have avoided becoming brunch for there lousy parents,(i thought my mom could be mean, at least she never tried to eat me), anyway there getting big and so are my nitrates. so i, on my extremely tight budget managed to pick up a used 29 gal tank that came with a marineland biowheel 150 which i worry is a little small for 29 gallons. but i found in my box of old stuff an aquaclear 30 which by itself i feel is a tad week for the tank. Im concidering hanging em both on.....to much current maybe? idk. i would appreciate any thoughts on my situation. thanks.

I don't see problem with the over filtration ,flow maybe I didn't have that combination but you need to try and see how fish reacts but i don't think that you will have problems.

If you have problem with flow reduce it if filters have option, if not add sponge on intake and it will slow outflow when it get little bit dirty.