New freeze dried Tubifex worm trick for bottom feeders (like corys and plecos)

KittenFishMom

@Guppysnail and everyone else:

I got some freeze dried Tubifex worms to feed my cory fry.  Problem is getting the cube stuck to the glass close enough to the bottom for them to find it. I find if I don't get it to stick well, it float merrily away, to be found in the filter media. If I don't get it low enough, the snails find it before the fry do. 

The new RAZZLE DAZZLE trick? Wet the chunk and stick it to a dull butter knife or the back of a spoon and put it worm side up on the bottom of the tank. (The crowd goes wild, but they are fish, so you can't hear them, oh well) Now I no longer have to stand on tippy toe and soak my short sleeve to get in stuck to the side in the deep tank.  No more watching the worm float off toward the filter.

When the fry have licked it clean, it can go wait next to the tank until you feel like giving them another treat. Put it close to the glass when feeding, so you can inspect the fish as they all gather round, even the little ones.

Note: thrift stores sell a mish mash of use flatware cheep. No need to sink you own flatware.

P.S. @Cory You might like to add this trick to your description of the freeze dried Tubifex worms ACO sells. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Great trick! I've created a topic about this before, and many people shared their own way.

Maybe you would like to read it. Also maybe you'd want to share you experience there too! So someone who tries to explore new ways may have access to yours as well.

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:17 AM, Lennie said:

Great trick! I've created a topic about this before, and many people shared their own way.

Maybe you would like to read it. Also maybe you'd want to share you experience there too! So someone who tries to explore new ways may have access to yours as well.

Cheers,

I crush mine up where I drop some in the aquarium & the hob filter 
pushes it to the bottom for everyone can get their share of it.

• Like 1