Should I be worried about my Scarlet Temple?

So I just got this Scarlet Temple in from Aquarium Co-Op about a week ago, and when I finally got it out of the packaging, it already looked a little rough. Which was expected since it had been in a dark box for way too long because the USPS in my area is terrible. Anyways, I planted all of the stems apart with Easy Root Tabs and I suspected something was wrong when the plants didn't bounce back within the first day of being planted like all of the other plants I've gotten from Aquarium Co-Op. the still looked pretty mangled from shipping. at first I thought I could've been a light issue, so I increased the light from my Fluval Plant 3.0 but all that did was cause the hair algae problem I've been having to get worse. I also thought it could be the salvinia/duckweed blocking out the light so I removed most of them, and it did nothing to improve the plant. The stems all seem to be fine (not mushy or anything), but the leaves are melting away and I don't see any new growth. Not sure if it's a lost cause, or just a matter of time because I've heard this plant can be tricky. 

I also need to mention I also had a bit of trouble with Ludwigia Repens but those stems eventually bounced back and have new growth. I'm not sure if its a red plants needing more light issue or what. I'm dosing EasyGreen twice a week, and basically every plant in this tank is thriving. No CO2; which I thought could be a problem, but I've heard that this plant can be grown even without CO2, it'll just have a duller color. I've only just "rehabilitated" this 20 gallon tank, but I've had it set up for close to 17 years, though admittedly I haven't really been taking care of it that entire time. It just recently become a planted tank at the beginning of this year. 

TL;DR: I'm not sure if my Scarlet Temple is dying or just converting.

pH: 6.7, GH: ~200ppm, Nitrite: 0ppm, Nitrate: 40ppm

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 6.03.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 6.03.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 6.04.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 6.04.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 6.04.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 6.09.50 PM.png

Thank you everyone for the replies, I'm now thinking that the problem is the 15"-24" Fluval light is just too small for my tank so... it's lucky that I have a 16" 6 gallon tank in need of a new light. I purchased the light when I didn't know too much about lighting in aquariums, I just knew that the general consensus on the Fluval Plant 3.0 was that it's pretty good and it fit my 20 gallon tank.  I'll most likely get the 24"-34" Fluval Plant 3.0 just out of convenience. I'm also guessing I'll need to be on top of controlling the floating plant population since the Salvinia is blocking so much light from the plants below. 

Once again, I really appreciate the advice!

On 4/2/2023 at 12:06 PM, Adam Urban said:

I'm also guessing I'll need to be on top of controlling the floating plant population since the Salvinia is blocking so much light from the plants below. 

Once again, I really appreciate the advice!

i made two rings from air line tubing that i float keeping the plants out of them to allow light to get down. They are also good spots to feed fish. 

I saw many examples being sold with floating plants giving me the idea. one example of it. Do what you want i'm just sharing ideas. 🙂

I bought scarlet temple before my fluval 3.0 sized for my tank so the plant faded so light is definitely important. The newer coop lights seem to be nice and bright if i buy more lights. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 7:13 PM, Cmike15 said:

i made two rings from air line tubing that i float keeping the plants out of them to allow light to get down. They are also good spots to feed fish. 

I tried this a couple months ago but for whatever reason (maybe because the airline tubing I used was pretty old) the ring kept sinking. Maybe I should try again with some Co-Op tubing!

• Like 1

Update: I saved only one stem by floating the Scarlet Temple like @Cory suggested. I also got a new 24" light, ended up getting the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 a friend recommended to me, so I saved myself some cash by not forking out the money for another Fluval. This light will definitely be better, now I just gotta wait and see if this last stem will survive being planted again or not. Once again I really appreciate everyone's feedback!

Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 9.01.16 PM.png