Food Question - Is Soaking Food Necessary?/ Rainbowfish Swimming at the bottom After Eating

tetra

For about a year now, I've been soaking fish food in a small bowl for around 10 minutes. And everyone seems to be eating well, but then I thought to my self, is it really necessary to soak it? I have Fluval Bug Bites and the granules are pretty hard. I also have Tetra Color Crisp and I thought it might be too hard to chew for the danios. I tried feeding them flakes (without soaking them) and they all ate it pretty well with no issues. I know its safe to feed them flakes dry but are the bug bites and crisp gonna cause them to bloat, and are they gonna be able to chew them? Thanks in advance.

For a bit now, I've noticed every time I feed my fish, one of the rainbowfish swims to swim to the bottom of the tank, looking through the sand for food, but then after starts shimmying (just barely) then a few minutes later, swims to the top again and start acting normal. Is it alright, Is it something I have to worry about? Thanks for all answers.

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 40ppm

Ph 7.6

Kh 7

I've fed a wide variety of fish food, and the only kind I soak is frozen food.  I know the directions say to put the cubes in straight from the freezer, but when I do that the fish nibble on them until they sink, and the they often seem to lose track of them in the plants.  I soak them until they thaw completely, and then put them in the tank.

I completely thaw frozen food, or the larger fish will grab all of it.  I've never soaked flake food.  It goes soft very fast.

Your rainbow is probably just grazing for bits of food that has sunk to the bottom.  My barbs do this daily, resembling cattle grazing in a field.