Found a tiny Cory catfish in the 75 gal

Flying fox 6523

😱 OH MY ! ! ! I've always been told Cory catfish will eat their eggs & none will survive 
so I just left it at that, I don't have the space to breed with extra tanks & fish & it's ok 
I just did a water change on the 75 yesterday & seen eggs on the glass & left them.

Well as long as I've had these Cory's in this aquarium & as many eggs as they have 
had & eaten, I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd get luck to see any fry from 
them, I was sitting there just watching the fish swimming & checking out the snails.

That's when out of nowhere I seen something move in the gravel, "what was that" ? 
so I kept watching & OH MY That's a ? fish, I thought it was a molly fry at 1st but no 
I kept watching it & when I got a GOOD look at it it was sucking on a dark rock, Omg.

It's a Cory fry, when was it hatched ? it couldn't be more than a few hrs -days old 
cause it's about the size of a grain of rice, it's so CUTE, I hope there's more & they 
will be alright in the tank, they have plenty of river rocks to hide in & plant's too.

I'm tickled with joy, can't wait to see it grow up & maybe get lucky to have more 
now that I know that 1 is in there I hope when I did the water change yesterday 
I didn't suck any of them up without knowing it, I'm putting water changes off.

So just when you think you won't have any luck in fry from your fish don't worry 
about it, if you have river rocks in there you bound to get lucky at some point to 
get a fry, just sit back & wait there's no telling who will do what in your tank.

Edited by Flying fox 6523
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

On 3/28/2023 at 7:52 PM, AquariumCentral said:

they are capable of eating them, but in my experience, they usually don't if you keep them fed 🙂

That's the 1 thing I make sure is done every morning & an hr B-4 the light goes out 

On 3/28/2023 at 12:54 PM, Cory said:

congrats, surprise fry is my favorite 😉

This was surprising & a favorite.