Sleepy fish

The endler guy

I’d love to see photos of sleeping fish, it’s very interesting to see the different ways they sleep

here are some of my operations:

neon tetras- they “turn off” their colors and sleep vertically 

cories- they don’t sleep 

Endlers- also turn off seems that they have a preference if they want to sleep on the ground in the middle or at the top

bolivians- they seem to be active a little after dark (that’s when the shrimp are most active, so HUNTING TIME!!!!)

I know that Jack Dempsey fry will sleep in plastic plant leaves. They will eat every type of plant I put in with them including floating plants, especially their roots.  Pea puffers will do the same thing as far as sleeping snuggled into a plant but I was never able to get a pic of the pea puffers sleeping in plant leaves. 

276A5585-980F-49FC-8472-C46CDDC5F2FF.jpeg

Edited by Odd Duck
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

On 3/28/2023 at 6:38 PM, Odd Duck said:

I know that Jack Dempsey fry will sleep in plastic plant leaves. They will eat every type of plant I put in with them including floating plants, especially their roots.  Pea puffers will do the same thing as far as sleeping snuggled into a plant but I was never able to get a pic of the pea puffers sleeping in plant leaves. 

276A5585-980F-49FC-8472-C46CDDC5F2FF.jpeg

that is soooooooooo cute!!!!!! 

• Like 2

I posted this on my journal but thought I'd share it here too, just caught my Betta, Invictus sleeping on his Betta leaf with his Nerite snail, Curlyque. These two actually do pal around, well Invictus does seem enamoured with Curlyque not sure if she cares or not but certainly seems so here! 

image000000(236).jpg

(he usually sleeps in his tunnel, so this is nice to see)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Barbs are very similar to the jack dempsey above.  My tigers would find a place to sit and just try to stay safe through the night.  some of them would use plants, some just sort of swam in place.  After a while they'd forget and the tank would move them around a little.

SAEs, especially big, sleep like the big one above ^^  They are definitely the breadsticks of the fish loaf world. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:31 AM, Lowells Fish Lab said:

Sleepy pea puffer. Lights came on a moment earlier but it took a few before she woke up.

image.png.ac203105b6558bd1682591810aa35bd0.png

Here is mine! Sleepy goober

FFB940A7-2DDE-43AD-B8F1-E3859A061134.jpeg

On 4/4/2023 at 2:19 PM, NOLANANO said:

Panda Cory snuggle party!

B3F46255-C8FF-4C94-9FC5-6B5A0995DA50.jpeg

My panda and salt and pepper (they were my first two fish) still “snuggle” even though they have two other (respectively) of their species 

Not really alsleep but here is a TANK of a clown pleco

2B46C861-93AF-4EF5-B2FE-085B6D358A43.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 4/7/2023 at 9:50 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

He looks like a baked potato

Look at that food belly! The lazy way his dorsal fin has flopped over in utter relaxation. His chin propped on the sand as he exhales with existential heaviness.  He is the living testament of a FISHLOAF.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...