Sick Honey Gourami?

MattyM

Hi all - I've been noticing that one of my Honey Gourami's has been spending a lot of time at the bottom of the tank, and this morning he was so still that I thought me might have died. He face was super white, and didn't move when I got up close to the glass. He was easy to net out, thankfully not dead, and I put him in my holding tank. 

He swam about for a bit, inspecting things. Seemed mildly interested in food. I just water changed in his main tank last 2 days ago, and did a small water change in the holding tank before adding him. Now he's just sitting at the bottom again. 

Nitrates are around 30, no nitrites. Other fish seem fine. I wonder if I should treat him with something? From my initial research it seems he may either have internal parasites or a swim bladder issue. 

These pics were taken after moving him to the holding tank. 

image.png.ad50bb485c394c9ab0172c618f1d0169.png

image.png.806fdce0a2013da13a68d30be67863c7.png

image.png.3159d1f8336d8e1a9cb6b94ff4b612d4.png

With the colour loss could be caused by stress if he's getting bullied or you can get this colour loss with a bacterial or  parasitic infection with some of the symptoms your describing what I would do is  treat with paracleanse every two weeks for a total of three full course of treatment I would also add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons at that level it won't harm your plants the salt will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes I would also follow up with a course of maracyn after the first course of paracleanse if your not seeing any improvement  add an extra air stone during treatment  @MattyM

• Thanks 1

Hi @Colu - just an update. I gave the 1st dose of paraclense 2 days ago, along with the salt, seemed to maybe help. But this morning he didn't look so good. I gave the 2nd dose in the morning, and now he's just kinda listless - floating/laying on his side, not very responsive to anything - is there any hope? Thanks again for any input, I appreciate it. 

On 3/29/2023 at 5:58 PM, MattyM said:

Hi @Colu - just an update. I gave the 1st dose of paraclense 2 days ago, along with the salt, seemed to maybe help. But this morning he didn't look so good. I gave the 2nd dose in the morning, and now he's just kinda listless - floating/laying on his side, not very responsive to anything - is there any hope? Thanks again for any input, I appreciate it. 

It's not looking good all you can do at this point is give the medication a chance to work  I would up the level of aquarium to salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons he might be to weak to recover@MattyM