One of my platies is constantly hiding

Nebula

My platy girl speckles is constantly staying out of sight and I’m worried somethings wrong with her. She’s one of three females I have with one male. The other three platies swim around the tank all day and eat well. Speckles will eat too but when food is not out she hides away from me. Is this just behavior that happens or is speckles having problems? 

Part of what you're dealing with is normal behavior.  Do you see any wounds or issues with the female platy?  Essentially, 3 males and 1 female, you'd ultimately like to have 6+ females in that group.  My suggestion would be to either keep just the males and rehome the female, or try to add more females to the group.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:07 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Part of what you're dealing with is normal behavior.  Do you see any wounds or issues with the female platy?  Essentially, 3 males and 1 female, you'd ultimately like to have 6+ females in that group.  My suggestion would be to either keep just the males and rehome the female, or try to add more females to the group.

I don’t see any wounds on her nor does she seem sick aside from hiding. I only have one male to 3 females in the tank including Speckles 

• Like 1