so ended up getting a 75 gallon instead of a 60 breeder for my spotted Congo puffer

Leo2o915

They like a little flow so either will work. They like to have a perch four to five inches from the top. Designing the decor with that in mind will make for a happer puffer. I think shrimp and nano fish make the best tank mates. Puffer at 1:19

I did find guppies too hard to keep with the puffers. They just overwhelmed the puffers. 

They like plants. 

• Love 2

On 3/22/2023 at 4:44 PM, Preston John said:

They like a little flow so either will work. They like to have a perch four to five inches from the top. Designing the decor with that in mind will make for a happer puffer. I think shrimp and nano fish make the best tank mates. Puffer at 1:19

I did find guppies too hard to keep with the puffers. They just overwhelmed the puffers. 

They like plants. 

awesome will for sure do that was thinking of getting some of those betta leaf hammock so going to order 2 more next week hopefully should I be good starting with 3 total right now or am I better off ordering more all together ?

I havent done canisters in a while. They seem good with plants and 4 foam cube filters for me. I'd guess its mid flow even with the directional output. 

I have also run

2 of the sicce pro 500 with the spray bar popped up and the flow turned to middle of the range. 

2 large box +/- 5" round box filters with floss and some bio rings

My guess would be either canister would be capable of the job

• Love 1

On 3/22/2023 at 5:26 PM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

I havent done canisters in a while. They seem good with plants and 4 foam cube filters for me. I'd guess its mid flow even with the directional output. 

I have also run

2 of the sicce pro 500 with the spray bar popped up and the flow turned to middle of the range. 

2 large box +/- 5" round box filters with floss and some bio rings

My guess would be either canister would be capable of the job

was also thinking of doing 2 of  co-op medium size filters the only reason want to do the canister cause the spray bar and then can use chemipure to get better water quality since they messy eaters 

• Like 1