Should I uproot and replant this sword? It's rosette is above the substrate

I planted my first and only ever sword plant, a red melon sword from ACO, back in mid-November. At the time, I was trying to be mindful of not burying the crown (rosette? Are those terms interchangeable?) but looking at it now, I see that there's about a centimeter of space between the gravel and the bottom of the crown, so I guess I overdid it with "don't bury the crown". (See photo below).  I gave a gentle tug, intending to replant it, but the roots resisted me.

Is it a problem that there is that space? If so, is it worth uprooting it to start over but planted better, or should i just leave well enough alone? The plant is growing (getting a pair of Easy Root Tabs about every three weeks) slowly in a 55 gallon without CO2, but it only looks okay.

Thanks in advance!

20230321_171607.jpg.62094e8fd185352a9892159861705fcc.jpg

Can you just push it down in place instead? If the plant is still growing then it's not bothering the plant at all. They also column feed so nutrients won't be an issue.

But personally that would bother me, I don't like seeing uprooted plants and I'd replant it right away.

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 7:12 PM, knee said:

Can you just push it down in place instead? If the plant is still growing then it's not bothering the plant at all. They also column feed so nutrients won't be an issue.

But personally that would bother me, I don't like seeing uprooted plants and I'd replant it right away.

Yeah, I don't like the look of it either, and I don't really know how I didn't notice it earlier, other than it just being in the back corner. Just gently push down, you think? I also thought maybe I could cheat and make a small pile of gravel up the crown, but if gently pushing down will work I think I'd prefer that.

On 3/21/2023 at 5:06 PM, Rube_Goldfish said:

I also thought maybe I could cheat and make a small pile of gravel up the crown, but if gently pushing down will work I think I'd prefer that.

You just read my mind because I was about to say this too. I have done this on corners that are hard to plant 🤣

• Love 1