Rescaping Help.

Theplatymaster

I have not noticed this before because i had a breeder box in the way, but the righ side of my 20high is rather bare.

The amazon sword is growing slowly, and so are the crypts.

I like the coconut hut, but its height does not match that area of the tank.

And rescape ideas?

2023-03-19-185413.jpg.1cc0aba6d8349a157b65bde9e303791a.jpg

i like the jungle style side on the left, but not the bare opening on the right.

On 3/19/2023 at 7:36 PM, Ninjoma said:

Maybe add something long and dangly in the corner like crypt spiralis, crypt helferi or crinum calamistratum?

i have a bunch of Brazilian Pennywort i could use.

On 3/19/2023 at 7:31 PM, lefty o said:

id move one of the taller plants over on the right. there is no right or wrong with scaping, if it looks good to you, its perfect.

i could move the java fern over, but i would then need to hide the pot...

On 3/19/2023 at 8:00 PM, Comradovich said:

My amazon sword started out like yours, but once I got it dialed in it really took over the corner. I wouldn't start adding stuff now until you really know what your plant's final form is going to be. Instead, I'd go the cheaper route and just give the sword a root tab and then wait a bit. That sword's kind of small, the leaves look a bit more like emersed rather than submersed leaves, and so you're not seeing it in it's full glory. You could try upgrading the light, but that's more expensive. The root tabs also work a bit quicker. If anything, you might be overplanting that corner.

Try to picture that corner with a sword plant with leaves that almost touch the surface, are all definitely "sword" shaped instead of canoe paddles, and there's about 15-20 of them in a tight bunch. That's what you build around. I would save those other plants for moving toward the mid and foregrounds.

the sword has some submerged leaves and is still growing its submersed ones.

lighting isnt the issue, i use the ACO light, and i dont have budget for a new light.

Edited by Theplatymaster

My amazon sword started out like yours, but once I got it dialed in it really took over the corner. I wouldn't start adding stuff now until you really know what your plant's final form is going to be. Instead, I'd go the cheaper route and just give the sword a root tab and then wait a bit. That sword's kind of small, the leaves look a bit more like emersed rather than submersed leaves, and so you're not seeing it in it's full glory. You could try upgrading the light, but that's more expensive. The root tabs also work a bit quicker. If anything, you might be overplanting that corner.

Try to picture that corner with a sword plant with leaves that almost touch the surface, are all definitely "sword" shaped instead of canoe paddles, and there's about 15-20 of them in a tight bunch. That's what you build around. I would save those other plants for moving toward the mid and foregrounds.

• Like 1