Paraclense or Prazipro for preventative quarantine?

Brett

Hi y'all. I've got 10 CPDs in quarantine, and I'd like to give them some preventative meds before they go in my display tank. Thing is, my partner bought both Paraclense and Prazipro. I'm just curious what you'd use for a preventative care, and if one is better than the other. My google searches have brought back a lot of conflicting anecdotal accounts, but I'm leaning Prazipro. Your input would be deeply appreciated!

I do levamisole in quarantine, but nothing else unless I see symptoms of something.  

Between the two you have, ParaCleanse is prazi and metro, I think while PraziPro is only prazi.  That said, I don't know that I would do anything unless you see symptoms.  How long have you had the CPDs?  Do you feel like they're gaining mass as they should?  

On 3/15/2023 at 10:03 AM, jwcarlson said:

I do levamisole in quarantine, but nothing else unless I see symptoms of something.  

Between the two you have, ParaCleanse is prazi and metro, I think while PraziPro is only prazi.  That said, I don't know that I would do anything unless you see symptoms.  How long have you had the CPDs?  Do you feel like they're gaining mass as they should?  

Thanks for the response. I've had them about 4 days now. They came from our very own Aquarium Co-Op! They look good and seem to be chonking up, but it's hard to tell. They're skittish little fish. 

They are pretty skittish.  I will say that mine have gotten a bit more social once the jungle really grew in.  They're beautiful, though!  And pretty active even if you don't see them.  Sometimes have to sit and watch them for a bit and remain still.  Baby brine shrimp really seems to get them out and about, but even with dry food they come out and show themselves.

Edited by jwcarlson