Baby corydoras rabauti!

Jimmy

I collected 140-150 corydoras rabauti eggs last week and they hatched this morning. Good number got  fungus but I suspect I see 30~ babies that didn’t escape the tumbler. It’s been awhile since I had a spawn. How do you guys rear days old corydoras? I know after a few days I was able to get them to take freshly hatched bbs in the past. Do you try to get food in front of them immediately? Currently I have them in little deli dishes in my fish room to keep an eye on them.

72593390-1554-4CFC-83F8-7F3917D220E9.jpeg

F9A40673-0FD0-4A42-B578-3A1643AC6F0B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/12/2023 at 10:16 AM, Jimmy said:

How do you guys rear days old corydoras?

i like to hatch mine in a catch cup.

i have starved them before, so as soon as i start to see wigglers, i throw in a punch of powdered foods. (not literally), even though they are still absorbing their yolk sacs.

after 1-2 days once they've absorbed their yolk sacs i feed them lots of BBS, and Easy Fry and Small Fish Food, a mix of these 2foods, gets my albino cories growing REAL fast.

I don’t feed until the yolk sac is absorbed. From there I used powdered foods like Hikari First Bites. After a day or two I use First Bites in the morning and baby brine shrimp at night. As the fry grow, I’ll switch to crushed flake in the morning and baby brine at night. From there, I’ll switch to Xtreme Nano Pellets in the morning and baby brine shrimp at night. I keep the baby brine going as long as I can. 

Best of luck with the fry!