ZISS Product Question

Dawn Dare

Just received the Ziss Egg Tumbler. My Sterbi Corydoras also provided me with another spawn of eggs tonight. So I am able to use it right away. My question is, when the eggs hatch, and the fry have lost their egg sack, (2 to 3 days after they hatch) how should I feed them? Do I keep them in the egg tumbler, feed newly hatched BBS? Or should I move the fry to the Ziss Breeder box? Feed them there?

I currently have BOTH corydora fry AND baby mystery snails in the Ziss breeder box together. Everybody hatched at the same time! I have placed a small slow release vacation feeder tablet.  I believe the calcium is good for the snails and the fry can feed constantly thru the day. I also feed live BBS. I really like how the aquarium water flows in the breeder box. My previous clutch of cory eggs hatched in the box fine, there was no fungus. As of today just one survivor 😕 

The eggs I placed two days ago in the tumbler have happily hatched!  I count 16 fry.  Should I keep and feed the fry in the egg tumbler? 🤔 Hmmm so many questions. I really want to be proactive and breed something. So I am learning as I go along. I am assuming that the egg tumbler’s purpose is to prevent eggs from fungus and keep them safe from being eaten.

So far my success with breeding and raising fry have been when I do NOTHING. My Cory’s spawn, hatch, a few escape being eaten by making it to the dense foliage, until they decide it’s safe to come out.  When they start to crowd mom and dad, that’s when I move them to a bigger tank.

Thank you for your time

Dawn

On 10/20/2020 at 5:07 PM, Cory said:

I'm not sure if it's the right "vibe" the problem is, I'm also terrible at knowing what the right vibe is lol. Jimmy is better at it than I am. Different vibes for different types of videos. I listened to a few others there, definitely a range. I'll see if I can get Jimmy to poke around on there, definitely high quality stuff there. Thanks.

On 10/27/2020 at 8:11 PM, Travis said:

Ooo nice magnet idea! Now we need Murphy magnetic algae scrapers! 😉 

15 hours ago, HibiscusAquatics said:

This is baby mama!

wonder what kind of colors I’ll get

E8524748-3276-415B-8D1E-AB46C55C8EF4.jpeg

2BD5E89D-7798-4D0D-AB0E-ABF14D8170FE.jpeg

She is a beauty!