Any rock hounds out there? I have cleaning and other questions.

Tanked

Like many of us on these forums I spend a lot of time staring at the ground looking for that next piece of hardscape.  The habit started long before my first aquarium. Rocks are inexpensive souvenirs.

A childhood trip to the natural history museum got me interested in glowing rocks, and UV light in general.  I have several "black lights".  They are useful for finding car keys lost in the yard as well as all of the suggested uses. I'm looking for a battery operated light in the 365nm. range, $10- $50.  Do you uses one?  Is it reliable?   

After watching a few videos on cleaning crystals, geodes, and the like, I decided to "clean" some of my geodes hoping to find something better underneath.  I used muriatic acid to clean a few test pieces, and a baking soda solution to neutralize the acid  The results were disappointing, but I wasn't expecting much.  One geode fragment did come out as a bright white.  This is where the problem started.  Over the next few days the test rocks began to turn yellow.  Can this be reversed?  I don't have any really great specimens, so I don't want to ruin the few good ones that I have.