Do mollies normally bully?

Louise02

My daughter's molly was in a tank by himself as the other molly died and the gourami (that was aggressive) had to be moved to his own 10-gallon aquarium.  Her uncle picked up two male mollies for her, so that the original male molly would not be alone.  After introducing the smaller, younger mollies, the first molly immediately started bullying them.  Is that normal.  Purchasing all of the additional aquariums and supplies so that this molly could be separated from the gourami and placed with other mollies was expensive.  I was so miffed that he was beating up on these smaller fish!  I netted him up and put him back in with the gourami.  This first molly had been like this with the female that was originally with him, but she died.  I figured that he behaved like that because she was a female, but now he is bullying males!  Is it normal for a molly to bully other mollies?

I have a number of black mollies. 1 adult male. 1 juvenile male. 3 adult female. 2 juvenile female. They chase each other around a lot. Previously it was the adults chasing each other. Then i thought the issue was over crowding. So i shift them into a tank. They still chased each other around. Then i added juveniles (from my nursery tank) into their tank. The adults started chasing the juveniles. I have smaller sized juveniles in another tank with my guppies and i don't dare to transfer them over to the molly tank. I am waiting for them to reach a certain size so that they can hold their own against the adults. And lately one of the adult females gave birth and the adults ate nearly all the fries. I managed to save just 4 fries.

• Like 1