Injury / PopEye

MattyM

Hi all - I was doing some work on my tanks yesterday and noticed one of my Platys has a swollen/cloudy eye. She'd been eating, but otherwise not as active with some fin clamping. 

Once I saw the eye, I got her into my 10g holding tank, which has a handful of fry, snails and plants. I hit the tank with 2 tablespoons of aquarium salt, and let her chill overnight. Today I dosed 1 packet of Maracyn, and was going to monitor from there. After dosing she got really lethargic, and was just hanging out towards the top amongst the floating plants and I got this photo: 

image.png.7887b6a6e8406e9e3c0f35c3a391193c.png

It looks like there's a slime over her eye, with maybe a bit rubbing off on her head. I'm pretty sure she can't see well, if at all, out of that eye. 

What do you think? Should I keep dosing with the full Maracyn 5 day schedule? So far the plants, fry and snails all seem fine. I could also try a salt dip. 

If it's just affecting one eye it's more than likely caused by an injury what I would do is Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days that should help reduce the swelling and finish the course of maracyn @MattyM

• Thanks 1