March Marimo Madness!!!

The endler guy

its almost time for march! And for many non nerms (and maybe some nerms) that means march madness, I me knowing absolutely nothing about march madness, I am putting a twist! Aquatics! 

rules:

1. the winners will be decided by vote via emoji reaction

2. just vote on which to the two options you prefer, doesnt need to be in captivity just your favorite (seriously like half of these would be more work then reward!) 

3. all winners will be community decided (dont shoot the messenger!) 

4. be nice and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!

here is the bracket feel free to fill an empty one out with you picks!

blank-March-Madness-tournament-bracket-for-2019(1).jpg.cd004fe61d9df3918ebae9c2edd71078.jpg

blank-blank-March-Madness-tournament-bracket-for-2019.jpg.0f28acbe492e977c900476eac4745141.jpg

with that all out of the way... let the madness begin!!

(in a few days)

• Love 1

On 3/1/2023 at 2:47 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

@The endler guy

It's by all means your list, the one that stood out to me was SAE vs. CAE. Maybe switch CAE with something else. I think a lot of us would just say CAE shouldn't even be sold. Next time flying fox or something. SAE vs Oto sounds right... 😉

True, but I’ll guess that will show, i think there is a name for that in goodol b ball, the low seed, everyone loves an under dog

• Like 1

Man, some of these are tough and it looks like it’s going to get worse.  I love otos but right now, today, I have to say BN, if nothing else for color and boldness.  I love chilis, enough that I’m thinking about making my 14 G cube a chili species tank, but embers aren’t as shy and are a bit more showy, far more visible in my 100 G nano, so I gotta vote for embers this time.  And Kuhlis vs hillstream?  Both adorable and fascinating, but Kuhlis have always been a favorite.  Ugh!  So tough!  And this is exactly why I have so many tanks.  😂 🤣 🤪 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 12:55 PM, Odd Duck said:

I love otos but right now, today, I have to say BN, if nothing else for color and boldness.

I totally understand this dilemma for you. I genuinely cannot fathom having a tank and not having otos in it. I need to order more when possible for the other tanks. They are just too fun to have.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 4:50 PM, Daydre said:

I have exactly one (1) fish, and have not kept any others so I'm not going to lie I've been mostly voting based on like. Aesthetic interest lmao

Pretty much the same for me.  But that's OK!  The way I see it, we have years of fishkeeping ahead of us to try out all different kinds for the next Marimo Madness.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 4:50 PM, Daydre said:

I have exactly one (1) fish, and have not kept any others so I'm not going to lie I've been mostly voting based on like. Aesthetic interest lmao

thats perfectly fine i dont have 7/8 of these but its for fun!

On 3/2/2023 at 3:55 PM, Odd Duck said:

Man, some of these are tough and it looks like it’s going to get worse.  I love otos but right now, today, I have to say BN, if nothing else for color and boldness.  I love chilis, enough that I’m thinking about making my 14 G cube a chili species tank, but embers aren’t as shy and are a bit more showy, far more visible in my 100 G nano, so I gotta vote for embers this time.  And Kuhlis vs hillstream?  Both adorable and fascinating, but Kuhlis have always been a favorite.  Ugh!  So tough!  And this is exactly why I have so many tanks.  😂 🤣 🤪 

idk im also torn with the two loaches, I love rays but nothing beats a goober noodle! personally not a huge fan of bnp, to big for me (clown pleco master race!)

• Haha 2