Air stone recommendations

Milliardo Peacecraft

I'm looking for a 4 to 6" long air stone that produces as fine of bubbles as possible.  My current air stone is just a regular air stone from petco that produces fairly large bubbles which results in the glass on the top of the aquarium stays quite wet and grows a fair amount of algae under the light.  I'm wondering if a smaller bubble size may produce less spray.  I'm also debating on playing around a bit with a few LED lights and figured the smaller bubble size may have nice effects to it having the fine bubbles getting pushed/bent around a little more in the currents within the aquarium.

On 2/26/2023 at 7:33 PM, Milliardo Peacecraft said:

I'm wondering if a smaller bubble size may produce less spray. 

It will.  If you want to minimize spray on the lid but essentially maximize the ability for the tank to dissolve in air then you can use the Aquaria Neo Air diffusers   Same as CO2 diffusers, but designed for air.

Second to that, the ziss air stones work really well, just be careful with back pressure damaging your pump.

• Thanks 1

Couple days ago I got this air diffuser. I have been having issues with airstone splashes as well. 

If you want tiny bubbles and good amount of oxygen, but don't expect the surface agitation as much as the airstone provides, It seems to be working pretty good for me so far.  I am currently using the curved special one in my 125 Liters tank.

If you have any questions, I may try to help but my experience is very limited for now too. But fish that enjoy high oxygen content in the water seem more happy and active than ever.

http://www.aquario.co.kr/neoDiffuser/indexAir.php

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1