[LF] - Seattle - Someone with FX6 experience to clean Filter - $100

Lauren

Hello! I had a serious knee injury on 2/19. I’m temporarily in a wheelchair and cannot handle the deep clean of my FX6. I can manage normal water changes, feeding… but cleaning my FX6 is out of the question and it was due for cleaning in 2/19. 

I am looking for someone who has FX6 or FX4 experience to pop over to my apartment and clean out the filter (I have everything you need, obviously). I will also ask you to check/de-gunk the mesh in-take attachment on one HOB filter for a second tank. The cartridges and sponges for the 2 HOB tanks were swapped/cleaned on 2/18. 

$100 for 30 min of fish tank maintenance. I will likely be in this situation for 3+ months, before I can use my knee again (surgery required). If you can help just once, or each month - either way, I’m grateful.

EE949E58-DF98-4AB9-96CB-6373640358E2.jpeg

FEE31DFD-83AE-4D67-B495-0CE7CE3D26AA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 2/25/2023 at 1:14 PM, Bentley Pascoe said:

My best suggestion would be to contact a local fish store, see if someone on staff or a contact can help you - if you have a local fish club you might also consider reaching out to the club and see if a member can help you.  Best wishes on your recovery!

Thank you! I reached out to “The Fish Store” and have the names of a few pro-fish sitters. I am hoping one will have availability, or that someone from Seattle, will see this post! 

I can always teach a friend to clean it… but that seems far too… needy. Haha.

I just cleaned my fx6 today; always a pia but 30 minutes is about right to rinse all the sponges. I wouldn't use those cartridge in hob filters; they are a waste of money - just use the sponge that comes with them and if still concern you can put a bit of floss above them.

• Love 1

I hear you. I use to use double sheets of polishing pads. But my water doesn’t cloud up enough to bother anymore. Switching to just sponge wouldn’t be a bad idea in my HoBs, esp since I use Chemi-pure packs too. 

On 2/25/2023 at 2:26 PM, anewbie said:

I just cleaned my fx6 today; always a pia but 30 minutes is about right to rinse all the sponges. I wouldn't use those cartridge in hob filters; they are a waste of money - just use the sponge that comes with them and if still concern you can put a bit of floss above them.

Edited by Lauren