what are your bucketlist animals?

Theplatymaster

you could probably keep the majority of your list in a single tank if you wanted to.

My list is an Alien Betta, Pea Puffers, Amazon Puffers, shell dwellers, and possibly one day being bold enough to try my hand at saltwater.

My issue with my list is that the puffers can't be in a community and the shellies can't have plants. Maybe one day I will give them a chance.

I think my list changes all the time but I always think when I give up on holidays I'd like to keep seahorses or the freshwater equivalent pipefish.

I currently have a full community tanks so it's no new fish for me for probably a couple of years but I'm always planning the next set up in there back of my mind.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 8:38 PM, mynameisnobody said:

@Theplatymaster bucket list animals or freshwater fish wish list, there’s a huge difference and not comparable. Also, admiration of other types of fish doesn’t diminish the love of freshwater. 

fair point, i didnt clarify that.

i shouldnt assume next time that on a freshwater forum people would be talking about saltwater fish.

You title just says animals but your post says aquatic animals. Should I get out my Google docs of my imaginary hobby farm and all the animals!!!!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 1:11 PM, Theplatymaster said:

what aquatic animals do you have on your bucketlist, that you really want to keep, but haven't yet, here's mine:

Dwarf Chain Loaches

Amano Shrimp

Hillstream Loach

Pygmy Corydora

Mystery Snail

Kuhli Loach

Bolivian Ram

Honey Gouarmi

what is yours?

I currently have over half that list lol. Heck, I'm breeding purple, Magenta and ivory mystery snails. I can get you some kuhlis, honey gourami, hillstream and pygmy. Where abouts you at? Lol

-German Blue Ram
-Some kind of turtle in a community tank
-Fiddler crab/ other medium sized crab
-Electric blue crayfish
-Vampire shrimp/ other large shrimp
-Lots of different corys: Orange Venezuelan, sterbai, emeral, juli, adolfo
-pictus catfish
-Dojo loach
-dwarf chain loach
-Apple snail (the big ones that eat plants)
-Red phantom tetra

On 2/24/2023 at 12:12 AM, Cinnebuns said:

I currently have over half that list lol. Heck, I'm breeding purple, Magenta and ivory mystery snails. I can get you some kuhlis, honey gourami, hillstream and pygmy. Where abouts you at? Lol

I could keep most of these fish in their own setup the only issue is i cant set up another tank, and really like my current setup.

also if you are serious, i wont say no a free pair of mystery snails.

Edited by Theplatymaster

On 2/23/2023 at 2:49 PM, NOLANANO said:

My issue with my list is that the puffers can't be in a community and the shellies can't have plants. Maybe one day I will give them a chance.

I keep plants, dwarf sag, anubias, buce, and java ferns in tanks I have shell dwellers in. I have to replant some of the sag occasionally, the others are wedged in between rocks or glued to them. 

My list:

Mbu puffer

Altum angelfish

Eques corydoras

• Like 2

For me it's less about the species and more about the setup. I'd love to get a big ol' african cichlid tank. And any tank big enough to hold a giant madagascar lace mother plant. What goes in around is secondary, but it would be a lot, and very green. 🙂

Sadly, my fish room = laundry room, and there is no more space. The only way to be more efficient with the space is by adding 10-20 gallon tanks, and display tanks just don't fit in the mix. 

• Like 1