Rummynose with swim bladder disease?

SandBkeeper

Hi everyone, 

Yesterday I noticed that one of my rummynose tetras seems to be having a swim bladder problem. It doesn't seem to bad, but when it stops swimming it's belly will turn upwards to one side. It's nose it still red, however the black and white on it's tail is a little faded in comparison to the other rummynoses. 

I haven't tested the water parameters yet, but it is in a tank with about 30 other fish and everyone else is doing fine. 

Possible causes:

- bolivian rams (they are new and went into the tank about a week ago after being in quarantine for 2 weeks.)

- botanicals (a few days ago I added some more leaves and botanicals, but didn't boil them (I never do))

- blackworms (about 1 week ago I fed the tank some live blackworms for the first time)

What's stumping me here is that all of these causes should have also affected the other fish, but this is the only one with problems. 

I tried to attach a video, but the forum won't let me. 

The sick one is the one second furthest to the left. 

What are your thoughts?

• Sad 1

What are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate etc also swim bladder can be caused a number of things such as your fish over eating and the stomach putting pressure on the swim bladder bacterial infection of the swim bladder injury high levels of nitrates can also effect the swim bladder @SandBkeeper

On 2/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, Colu said:

What are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate etc also swim bladder can be caused a number of things such as your fish over eating and the stomach putting pressure on the swim bladder bacterial infection of the swim bladder injury high levels of nitrates can also effect the swim bladder @SandBkeeper

I don't really have a good testing kit at the moment, my api master kit expired about 10 months ago. Haven't had a real reason to test so far, but I am going to place an order for some test strips asap. I don't think the fish have been over eating, in fact I went on vacation and they were without food for about 2-3 days. @Coluwhat do you think I should do?

On 2/22/2023 at 9:23 PM, SandBkeeper said:

I don't really have a good testing kit at the moment, my api master kit expired about 10 months ago. Haven't had a real reason to test so far, but I am going to place an order for some test strips asap. I don't think the fish have been over eating, in fact I went on vacation and they were without food for about 2-3 days. @Coluwhat do you think I should do?

I would like see test results but recommending any treatment the symptoms your fish is displaying can also be caused by high levels of nitrates or ammonia