Sick betta.or maybe it’s nothing

Helpwithmy_snailpls

Hello,My betta grew a bump in the bottom of his neck you could say and I don’t know if that supposed to be there or if he is growing or if I feed him to much and he got fat.Here’s a picture of a test from the water.I feed him once a day usually 4 pallets but then he started to gain so I been feeding him 2 pallets for about 5 days and let me know you thoughts please

4EFF2D6F-C28F-4AE9-BEAC-64295FCC6CF8.jpeg

At this point, I don't think I'd be too worried about the betta.  It's hard to tell from the video, I don't see anything obvious wrong.  My guess would be that the betta has been a bit overfed.  It's easy to do.  Would say to stop feeding him for a couple days.  Make sure he's pooping.  And then you can go from there.  Fish can go for DAYS without eating.  I just fasted one of my big discus for three days, she was just fine.  Your betta doesn't look unhealthy, he'll be perfectly fine without eating for awhile, I wouldn't hesitate to fast him a week if he were my fish.  Plus there's always something in the tank that he might nibble on anyway.  This will also help you with your cycling issue in your snail thread.  

You're doing a great job... observation is the basis of the hobby.  While it might seem hectic at the moment, if you're good at watching your fish/snails, you will do quite well in the long run!

Edited by jwcarlson