automatic Baby Brine Shrimp feeder.

Theplatymaster

Ive been looking for ways to get my corydora fry BBS more often, and setting up another hatchery isnt a good option.

So i was thinking and i came across drip acclimating, mixed with Cory reccomending a IV bag for ferts for slow drips. So i though "What if i use a control valve, to control the BBS to a drip so it would add small amounts all day for the fry).

I need to get some Silicone to finish this project but here is what i have:

BBSautofeeder.jpg.1978ca5ac36239a7f990252981b62ab0.jpg

here is the idea: BBS would go in the top funnel, and be slowly dripped out the tubing, the bottom is a stand.

I need to get silcone to seal the bottle lid so all the stuff doesnt go into the bottom.

i could easily hook up air to here but had a question.

Could BBS survive at 68f?

do they only need warm temps to hatch?

I dont have a heater/outlet to hook up in here, and it would be inconvenient as the point here is the water drains. with air its not an issue, with heaters it is.

• Like 1

They will not hatch at 68 most likely. They do survive a short time in the fridge after hatch. I put mine in the fridge after strain and rinse with clean bottle water. As they warm they start to move. I do this for my Cory fry because they sink for them quickly and even once they are dead they are refrigerated so I can easily strain and rinse again and feed while I wait for my next hatch.

I only heat mine for about 24 hours to about 80 degrees and then the rest of the time they're at room temperature which right now is like 60.  They seem to be fine.  I think they're pretty tough.  I see morning fed BBS swimming around in tanks still 12 hours later.

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Thanks 1