Caridina Malawa

JJenna

Forgot to look at eBay...funny how google did not suggest it when I searched over the past month. In talking to several shops, it appears they just aren't available at this point. Flip used to breed them a couple of years ago but they oversold their colony. They indicated that they are expanding their shrimp line in the coming months and may have them then (way to make me come back and check and be tempted, haha). Aquatic Arts said pretty much the same thing, but at least I'm on an email waitlist if they get some in. They appear to be more plentiful in Europe, but I'm not ready to buy overseas. 

Oh, btw, my pups say hi to your pups 😉

image.jpeg.d4f3766c75eddeba2f272367c8e91cb5.jpeg

• Love 2

On 2/15/2023 at 4:22 PM, JJenna said:

Oh, btw, my pups say hi to your pups

One of mine says hi back. 😆

On 2/15/2023 at 4:22 PM, JJenna said:

They appear to be more plentiful in Europe, but I'm not ready to buy overseas.

Have you tried Ruinemans? They tend to have lots of rare finds; and they occasionally ship from their facility in Europe to one in the US. 

image.jpg

• Love 2

@TheSwissAquarist HaHa! Thanks for the suggestion of Ruinemans. I've made contact with them. 

On 2/15/2023 at 10:51 AM, billango said:

You could maybe try contacting sulawesishrimpusa.com. I think they respond quickly and is the only place I can think of that might have a source for it. Otherwise they have some other cool sulawesi caridinas to look at for fun anyways. 

Oh wow, thanks!

Edited by JJenna
  • Like 1