Possible Cory Eggs?!?!

FLFishChik

On 2/27/2023 at 11:51 PM, rockfisher said:

I know you gotten advice already but use a credit card(actually a library card because it is thinner) to get them off the glass. My egg have always been pretty sticky. For ones like in the pic above I would just remove them and put them in a floating container, either by hand, card or baster as mentioned above. I use Tupperware. To float in the tank and change water out half way with a baster and add new tank water in. That’s the best luck I have had removing. My best hatches were when I had the moss from the bottom to the top that was very thick. They would laid the eggs on the tall moss and it was really to thick for them to get back and eat the fry went they would fall to the bottom. This is triming from the tall moss. You can see how thick. I would get 40 a spawn with 6 females. I’m trying to replicate it with out the moss because this was a land moss and lasts about 8 monthBAF9FDD9-8A54-4262-864A-F377D4092D40.jpeg.e1209f4060d2e05cd3eb36a5c9e9b953.jpeg

I ended up putting a small cup in th water and gently rolling them off into that, then using a turkey baster to place them inside a glass bowl I placed at the bottom of a currently unoccupied 5g. This way they are in one place and I won’t have to play seek and find. To be fair, Im not really set up for for breeding right now. I have a 3g that I wanted to use, but it’s in use as a hospital tank at the moment. In any case, I can’t help but try and get a successful hatch, but I’m new to this as are the Corys that are breeding, so we might have that against us for a bit 😂

• Love 1

On 2/27/2023 at 11:51 PM, rockfisher said:

I know you gotten advice already but use a credit card(actually a library card because it is thinner) to get them off the glass. My egg have always been pretty sticky. For ones like in the pic above I would just remove them and put them in a floating container, either by hand, card or baster as mentioned above. I use Tupperware. To float in the tank and change water out half way with a baster and add new tank water in. That’s the best luck I have had removing. My best hatches were when I had the moss from the bottom to the top that was very thick. They would laid the eggs on the tall moss and it was really to thick for them to get back and eat the fry went they would fall to the bottom. This is triming from the tall moss. You can see how thick. I would get 40 a spawn with 6 females. I’m trying to replicate it with out the moss because this was a land moss and lasts about 8 monthBAF9FDD9-8A54-4262-864A-F377D4092D40.jpeg.e1209f4060d2e05cd3eb36a5c9e9b953.jpeg

I’m setting up really heavy spawning mops in one breed tank to see if it helps. They are going to long enough to reach the bottom. I just haven’t gotten the yard delivered yet. I let you know how it works.

On 2/28/2023 at 6:14 AM, FLFishChik said:

I ended up putting a small cup in th water and gently rolling them off into that, then using a turkey baster to place them inside a glass bowl I placed at the bottom of a currently unoccupied 5g. This way they are in one place and I won’t have to play seek and find. To be fair, Im not really set up for for breeding right now. I have a 3g that I wanted to use, but it’s in use as a hospital tank at the moment. In any case, I can’t help but try and get a successful hatch, but I’m new to this as are the Corys that are breeding, so we might have that against us for a bit 😂

Our first ones where ones that huge albinos female laid on the glass in the tank with the most fish. My 11 year YouTube’s how to get them to hatch and I really only removed the eggs. He floated them in the tank and replaced the water. It way I recommend bec it’s easy and most people look at there tank once a day. That’s all it really takes is during that one time changing some water with the baster. I totally understand not wanting or being ready to breed. That first was just kids fun. Breeding is fun but can be overwhelming at times and great at others. Enjoy your super happy corys

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe just try leaving a few batches of eggs in the community tank - if it's heavily planted and you're feeding enough (Repashy community blend and bottom scratcher are my corys' favorites), a few of the fry will probably make it and sounds like that's all you're looking for - Either way, hope you have success eventually, the little guys are so much fun -