Major Hydra issue!

Alright friends,

Hydra has become a major issue in my tank. It’s ALL over my substrate. I’ve got platties and endlers in the tank to try and eat them. I’ve starved the tank for a week several times to try and starve the hydra. None of it has helped. I’ve been giving TINY feedings to try and avoid any excess food. I’m not sure what else to try. I wouldn’t care about them too much if I didn’t have hillstream loaches. They touch the substrate and immediately jump off to the glass. I don’t think they’re eating well bc they can’t get to their food or search the substrate for food. What can I do about these annoying things? 
DD8BBC6E-CA4C-4550-82CD-D59901868394.jpeg.7889c81a10060f8e78ea967c799b2449.jpegBB143456-F416-4D1F-BC55-FB4B07969A40.jpeg.7bd4fe43c631a99ae2983c5b3707733c.jpeg

On 2/10/2023 at 9:57 AM, SandBkeeper said:

I've used planaria zero medicine to kill hydra. Cleared up the whole population in 2 weeks! The only thing is it will kill snails also, but is shrimp safe. To save your snails, just take them out before you dose the tank. 

Great news! How big of a water change did you do before adding snails back 

On 2/10/2023 at 10:05 AM, The endler guy said:

I also have heard livebearers (mollies especially) can eat it same with flag fish 

Yes…I can’t put in flag fish. I got two different batches of mollies (2 different places!) and both got livebearer disease and didn’t make it. The platties made it through quarantine so I’m hoping they may help. 

• Like 1