Houseplant and garden fans: Youtube treat

PineSong

For any of you who love houseplants and incorporating them into decor and gardens, Benjiplant is a YT channel you might like. I love it for the California-ness and Benji's very calm manner. I'd love to get my hands on his new little house--a gardening fantasy for sure.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/12/2023 at 7:45 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Are you an avid gardener?

Indeed I am. I don't grow vegetables other than a few hot peppers every year. I grow flowers and flowering shrubs and trees, mostly natives to North America but not entirely. Can't resist a free peony plant when someone is offering!

1233526058_BlackIris.jpg.4b083e763111c61c374726d7eaad59d9.jpg451122032_YarrowConeflowerPollinatorGarden.jpg.f6cb75e03c1d8f8a0aff1d3228ce07e4.jpg383874378_FalseSunflower2021.jpg.21a1546e0392dbc651665ddb055c3c85.jpg

• Love 6

My mum has that yellow flowered shrub in her garden she grew out from a cutting / split from her neighbour so now the only name we have for it is Ernie (the former neighbour). 

This year I'm trying to focus more on my garden I've neglected it for the last few years ago time to claw it back. Although it's a tiny paved yard in real terms I'm trying to turn it into a little green oasis 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2023 at 2:20 PM, Flumpweesel said:

This year I'm trying to focus more on my garden I've neglected it for the last few years ago time to claw it back. Although it's a tiny paved yard in real terms I'm trying to turn it into a little green oasis 

You can do it! Check out this episode of the Middle-Sized Garden--no digging required! 

• Love 1

Gardening, houseplants and aquariums all go together.

I'm an avid "fan" of all three of them. 

This fall, I dumped tons of chopped up leaves, coffee grounds, and kitchen scraps (I work in a kitchen) in my garden.
My last plant purchase was a Philodendron Billietiae, on sale for $60.00. 

Philodendrons can also be grown like Pothos in the aquarium.  

So can Spider plants!