Breeding angels in a 75

mynameisnobody

Hello all, I’ve got a breeding pair of Blue Pinoy Paraiba Angelfish in a 75 gallon. I was thinking of tossing 7 Denison Barbs from another aquarium in with the angels. I also was tossing around the idea of 12 Pseudomugil Gertrudae or 15 long fin white clouds from another aquarium as well. I’m pretty sure the Denison barbs will be ok, but what if I went with 1 of the other 2 options. Since it’s a densely planted tank, I think I’d be ok with any of these options because of the size of the aquarium. Any ideas, tips, or suggestion are appreciated. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed in MD Tanks, he keeps Angels in community tanks. I was considering doing so in my 36 gallon but I may want to plan for a big community tank in my basement (we are going to finish it and put in a theater down there in a few years)

• Like 1

@Miska Recently, I moved some stuff around and now this pair have a dedicated tank of their own. An angelfish community has always intrigued me with the theory of putting 12-15 in a 75 and seeing if the dispersed aggression works. We’ve seen it in tons of fish so I don’t see why it shouldn’t work other than a ton of water changes. I could potentially see some ripped fins which stinks with any fish, but more so with angels because of their majestic stature. 
Good luck with the 36! You could always use it as a grow out for plants and any other fish you wish to keep in your future larger community. Then when the time comes, you can just transfer it all over. Just an option. 

• Like 2