MTS Loading 🔄

Devon

I’m in danger.

My girlfriend who usually puts up with my fish talks (begrudgingly) and has judged each new tank addition, has now turned a new leaf. After peering into my 20 long and being pulled in by the different activities going on by it’s inhabitants, she then turns and ask “would you set up a tank for me?” with shocking enthusiasm. She then follows it up with “I might be becoming a fish nerd”. 

It’s actually pretty funny/awesome, but I already have to battle myself to not have a bunch of tanks around my apartment. This won’t help 😅

• Haha 3

On 2/5/2023 at 7:10 PM, Devon said:

I’m in danger.

My girlfriend who usually puts up with my fish talks (begrudgingly) and has judged each new tank addition, has now turned a new leaf. After peering into my 20 long and being pulled in by the different activities going on by it’s inhabitants, she then turns and ask “would you set up a tank for me?” with shocking enthusiasm. She then follows it up with “I might be becoming a fish nerd”. 

It’s actually pretty funny/awesome, but I already have to battle myself to not have a bunch of tanks around my apartment. This won’t help 😅

I prescribe you a 20L with some corydoras panda and some shrimp (amano or pick something that fits).  Keep it at 72-74.  Add in some plants, moss, anubias, and maybe something like white clouds once the shrimp grow in.

She will hopefully fall for the panda corydoras.  Who wouldn't!

Best of luck, glad you both have something you are both enjoying.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 9:49 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

I’m in the same boat. After 3 years with my 13 tanks my girl now wants her own blue strain shrimp tank. I told her I’m happy to do it as long as she does everything for it. Next Petco 50% off sale it’s going down. 

Going down for real! Shrimp tank would be a good first tank! Especially with getting to see babies zooming around and all that. Might be a move. 

On 2/5/2023 at 10:06 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I prescribe you a 20L with some corydoras panda and some shrimp (amano or pick something that fits).  Keep it at 72-74.  Add in some plants, moss, anubias, and maybe something like white clouds once the shrimp grow in.

She will hopefully fall for the panda corydoras.  Who wouldn't!

Best of luck, glad you both have something you are both enjoying.

Thanks doc!

That sounds like an enjoyable tank, I’m just starting to attempt to breed my longfin white clouds so maybe she’ll connect with some of the fry as they come up if I can manage to get some. And pandas are so easy to fall for, that’d be a win win! 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 10:10 PM, Devon said:

I’m in danger.

First of all be grateful that you have a girlfriend that is actually interested in your hobby! 

You might try handing maintenance over to her. If you already have multiple tanks, loan one to her.  If not, make room for a small countertop setup. If her interest is temporary than you aren't out much.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 8:17 AM, Tanked said:

First of all be grateful that you have a girlfriend that is actually interested in your hobby! 

You might try handing maintenance over to her. If you already have multiple tanks, loan one to her.  If not, make room for a small countertop setup. If her interest is temporary than you aren't out much.

This is a great idea to try. The maintenance of tanks can pull the fun out of the hobby quick for someone that isn't truly interested. Be prepared for this to backfire on you! I tried it and now my wife has 13 tanks! If it wasn't for the floor structural integrity of our 2nd floor apartment, she'd have a lot more. MTS is real! 

• Like 1